Thứ Sáu, 12 tháng 9, 2014

My new french chic coffee table


I have been wanting a round coffee table for the longest time. I have been patient and knew something would eventually come along. The other night I found my "new table" at Savers for $10. It was an ugly duckling, but I saw the potential.




First I sanded the top down. Although I got the majority of the maple colored stain off, there were still knicks and dings that I left alone because I loved the shabby appeal.


The legs were shiny, so I just scuffed them up a bit then primed them with Bin. In addition I binned the nasty bottom of the table. I know no one will ever see this, but I wanted to clean it up anyway. After that, I gave the base two coats of white paint then distressed it.


Finally, I gave the top two coats of dark walnut Min Wax stain. Then I gave it two coats of a flat polyurethane. I wanted to keep the rustic look, therefore didn't want to go with a shiny poly. I also added stain to the legs then wiped it to get rid of a bit of the stark white.






I am usually pretty critical of my pieces and always find something I am not happy with. But, I must say I am in love with this table!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét