Thứ Sáu, 12 tháng 9, 2014

Melville Coffee Table (Before & After)


White Washed Coffee Table (After)
I love the look of driftwood that has just been castaway from the flow of the tide.  That beautiful silvery grey on the weathered shingle cottages on the Cape and islands always make my heart skip a bit.  The Melville Coffee table combines the a subtle white wash with that silver hue of driftwood I love so much.
The table didn’t always look like this.  If you follow me on facebook you would have seen this image.  It was love a first sight for Conor:
Coffee Table (Before)
Here is another before in which you can see the whole table:
Coffee Table (Before)
This table had endured a lot of love when we picked it up.  There was some scratches and some marks on it but thought it would be perfect with a touch of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
Annie Sloan Old White
I got my Old White out which is  a lovely older looking white.  It isn’t as bright as pure white and just gives pieces an old world charm.  It is perfect for white washing too.  To achieve this look.  I started in sections, applying the paint (not watered down) and then I took a Viva paper towel and wiped away the excess so it gives the washed look.  I like the Viva towels because they don’t have any quilting so don’t make any strange marks in the paint when you wipe it.  Once the whole table was done and dry.  I got out Paris Grey and dry brushed that on to mimic the look of the weathered wood.  Then I finished with two coats of wax and lightly buffed to give a hint of luster.
Here are some more photos.  A close up of the legs:
From the top:
A bowl of shells
From the bottom:
A side view:
The Melville Coffee Table now has a super relaxed beachy look.  A perfect place to kick your heels up and escape with Moby Dick.  What do you think? 

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét